background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holiday

Last week was tough for us.  I'm not sure if it had to do with the upcoming holiday or was just a normal part of grieving our boy.  I miss Collin.  I miss him all the time, every minute.  I really didn't know it was possible to miss anyone this much.  It has been nearly 2 months, and truthfully, it feels like an eternity.  Just two months.

It is painful to remember last 4th of July and all that was going on with our Collin.  We were in the hospital.  I remember sitting close to the window so we could show him the fireworks - but we couldn't see them from his room.  Those fireworks are just one of the many experiences that cancer stole from him.  I had so hoped to be able to show him fireworks this year.

Instead, we put star-shaped balloons on his grave this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment