Our lives changed forever when our infant son was diagnosed with cancer. Thrown immediately into a world of chemotherapy, hospitalization, transplant, infections, and complications - we fought daily alongside our beautiful, beloved, strong warrior for nearly 18 months.
On May 12, 2010 we lost our sweet Collin to an overwhelming infection.
This will be my journal as I grieve my precious son.
background
Friday, August 13, 2010
Three Months
It has been three months since I looked into my sweet baby boy's eyes and told him that I loved him.
Three long months and one day.
One more morning, one day closer to you, my sweet Collin
I never met Collin. I've never even met you or Philip. But Collin's story is with me every day. I wear a LIVESTRONG bracelet to remind me of what a terrific, brave warrior Collin was. I think it's a perfect reminder - from the cycling background of the LIVESTRONG founder, to Collin's name being on a Tour de France bike, and simply the fact that is reads "LIVESTRONG." Because, that is exactly what Collin did; he lived, and he lived STRONG. And none of us will ever forget that. Now, he lives strongER; stronger than ever before, in a way we cannot imagine. May you find peace in knowing you will see him again, for all of eternity.
I wanted you to know I read each and every one of your entries as a mother my heart breaks for you. I will never forget your sweet boy and your family.
I never met Collin. I've never even met you or Philip. But Collin's story is with me every day. I wear a LIVESTRONG bracelet to remind me of what a terrific, brave warrior Collin was. I think it's a perfect reminder - from the cycling background of the LIVESTRONG founder, to Collin's name being on a Tour de France bike, and simply the fact that is reads "LIVESTRONG." Because, that is exactly what Collin did; he lived, and he lived STRONG. And none of us will ever forget that. Now, he lives strongER; stronger than ever before, in a way we cannot imagine. May you find peace in knowing you will see him again, for all of eternity.
ReplyDeleteA. Hart
Hello Emily,
ReplyDeleteWe think and pray for you and Philip often. I'm glad you started a blog; it's a good way to keep in touch.
Love,
Rebecca Shaw
I wanted you to know I read each and every one of your entries as a mother my heart breaks for you. I will never forget your sweet boy and your family.
ReplyDeleteAmy Ackley
Still thinking about you & praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Leanne