He was so close, close enough to touch.
I was holding him. Sitting on the floor, Collin sitting in my lap as we have done so many times.
My arms around him. I put my lips to his head. Kissed him as I have done so many times.
I could feel his little bit of fuzzy hair against my face. I love that hair. I love that head.
We played Patti-cake.
Patti-cake, Patti-cake a baker's man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Pat it out, roll it out and throw it in the pan!
Bake me a cake for my little man.
I love you, baby. I miss you.



We love Collin too; and Emily and Philip. Love, Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteI hate that you don't get to hold Collin in your arms. I am praying for you.
Love,
Rebecca Shaw
Ah one of the coolest things about dreams.. they are not bound by things of this world. Hold on to your dream and find comfort in it. Collin is with you... still.
ReplyDeleteYour post are beautiful, inspiring and very moving. The composition. The photo selection. The whole essence. Is this your trade? If not, it should be.
Our thoughts remain with you and Phil...
Shannon (& Tom) Conrady
what an amazing mother you are and such a role model for me. im glad you are able to share your feelings with us and i know some day you will hold collin again. melissa wilson
ReplyDeletei've been thinking a lot about collin lately. although we've never met in the flesh, your little family has touched me deeply. i continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and i smile whenever i think about those chubby little cheeks, the face of an angel.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, Emily. I am so sorry that your arms are empty. However, I remain thankful that your heart is full of memories. Collin was such a special little boy.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you often- Joan Rincon
I cannot wait to have my first dream about Chrissie! I am SO ready, just longing for that to happen in the night. It's so frustrating to not have any control...not over our dreams or about when we'll get to go to Heaven to reunite with our children. I hope that Collin and Chrissie know each other and know that they shared a floor at the Methodist Hospital. Hope I get to meet you here on earth as well as hang out in Heaven. Grateful God connected us.
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing experience. My heart just breaks for your loss and swells for your moments of peace in the most beautiful dream I have ever heard. Thank you for sharing your journey. I feel so lucky to follow you guys and aspire to be the mommy that you are.
ReplyDelete